Tuesday, November 01, 2005

swept clean

As of late the weather has been everchanging. One moment the sky swept clean to an incandescent blue, then with a slow nod clouds arrive and i search for my discarded jacket. It's an overused analogy: a person's mood in accordance with weather, but seemingly with a touch of truth.
It's not exactly that my mood has swooned with any more doubt or motivation than in latter time, it's a certain pervasion of not being certain to what that mood is that i feel. Lately, with the newspaper in my lap and a cup of coffee. These stories, i'm hooked and excited and horrified all at the same moment. Similiar to if my neighbor's house was burning down. This is like the turbulence in my stomach, often questioning myself if ive drank too much coffee. Do you know the feeling? Your plate full and then some, a feeling of being overwhelmed and yet nothing coming to mind of just what may be the catalyst.
There's such a thin line between playing it cool, optimist selfprogramming and motivation and the other side of the fence, absolute utter mental breakdown. Like a child right now, i fall on my face and begin to wail then someone makes a face and i grin again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The quiet citizens are the people you have to worry about.