Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The democratic nomination is candy and I eagerly await each state's results. I like the blues and reds on CNN and that crazy new technology they have, zooming in on each district with Apple products and the whole triangulation of gender, race and social status. I like the way newsrooms all look like Sportscenter with up-to-the-second tickers and bar graphs, with an occasional pie chart of approval. Wolf Blitzer is Michael J. Fox on a full moon night. Anderson Cooper is George Clooney smocked and running down a hospital corridor. Lou Dobbs is Rodney Dangerfield under wraps, a slob in a three-piece suit.

I stirred some gin and soda together and sat down with my baby. The house is cozy and the ten-hour work day is over, rush hour traffic an afterthought to consider again tomorrow. Tonight's race is with Hawaii and Wisconsin, and God bless Washington state, a true stand-up motherfucker for the Dems. I'd like to send a few shoutouts to my political junkie friends... one in the Middle Nowhere, Jordan. Here's to the red, white, and blue and Tom Petty Half-Time Shows. And one for the Olympian, enjoy the mayhem.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Obama! Man, that post cheered me up, I'm sort of in flux here in Olympia. Yonder political wagon! Spring is going to be here soon! A new beginning and new life, thank gawd.