Saturday, October 21, 2006

Can i get a witness?...

I looked at the ten-day forecast... i shouldn't have done that~ rain, showers, red flags for high-wind warnings, a general malaise for the whole of Sitka, Alaska.

Went to the grocery last night to pick up a few things for dinner and a bottle of rum. Was in the meat department and saw a middle-aged couple necking in the aisle. Not just a romantic kiss, but heavy petting and deep throat tonguing. Another witness had his mouth a little agog, cart stalled against the deli glass. Poor fellow couldn't believe his eyes. I squeezed my way by the couple ramming my grocery basket into the knee of the engaged man; i couldn't get by clean, they were right in the damn aisle. He barely noticed, just kept on throttling this woman with '80's volume to her hair, and him~ torn jeans with utility belt: measuring tape, hammer, the works.

I actually thought it was kind of cute. I have a tendency of finding myself involved with women who experience massive adversion to public displays of affection. Perhaps that's why i inwardly applaud most affectionate acts i see, unless they're wholly tasteless. I've never minded a glance or two in the direction of my partner and i; most of the glances come from a) admirers of young love ("Look honey, they're in love.", or b) old, embittered, jealous bystanders. And i don't have much problem with either.

My first lover almost got us arrested by lovemaking in a city park. That's certainly one end of the sprectrum; something i wouldn't recommend for a certain level of societal decency and embarrassment. Ever since then, its been more reserved, perhaps~ downhill. Deadfish hands to hold, mouths turned to cheeks, conversations alluding to pda. This is a shoutout to all you couples loving on each other. I raise my glass...

No comments: