Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Autonomy... wireless

I have a list i keep in my pocket. It's ongoing, an equal measure of pen or pencil scribbled on old receipt paper and letters. This is where i enlist myself to certain chores or tasks to fulfill by day/weeks end. In the past months i have had many names written on these, reminding myself to reach certain people and say hello... or whatever.

Equally relevant is the fact i broke my phone during a San Francisco argument (i dropped the thing in between a sigh and a scream), and i've lost most desire to discuss antiseptically life's latest on any telephone. I feel bad (sometimes) for all the things i've neglected to do, and the people i haven't connected with. The brunt of the occasion is my moietous girlfriend, who believes that such a thing is impossible, rather, this resolution reflects my Dolean ineptness and austerity. Poor girl!

This particular person has a knack for calling tri-daily with often a kind word, but otherwise nothing to report. Oh phone people! Please understand us not-phone people! She has never made my lists because her name, instead, has been engraved upon the inside of my fucking brain! C-A-L-L {blank}! For some reason the possibility of calling becomes even less enticing. And for all you out there that might understand me (Andrew!), it is no shoestring burden to be the sole focus of anything. Unless you like that sort of thing...

No comments: