Saturday, January 07, 2006

Moving on...

This will be a week to make stories for the future. The one in which i load a car of only four gears with everything i own and head west yet again. A nervous twitch has reached my eyes and an aching hollow has entered my stomach. My nerves bend from the obvious trials of vehicular peril, but also from the current exigency of my relationship. It seems to be coming from every direction just as the snow flies outside in the latest snowstorm.

A few weeks back i made the resolution to leave this town. In all likelihood it will find me both thankful and regretful. I have a knack for letting just about everything influence my decision-making. Always some reasoning to eliminate the possibility of future grievances for the present choice of route. This one is even more ponderous and ambagious then the last. Perhaps my erstwhile partner made matters of splitting and relocation a far simpler matter. She had her mind made up and foresaw a future without me. Whereas i saw a ten foot jesus and flashing arrow to take my leave. That was the tale of last year's getaway from Juneau, Alaska.

One of my favorite nuances of gathering my things together again~ is discovering all the junk i've quickly compiled since the last venture. And managing to sort and discard all the unnecessary possessions leaves me light, literally and figuratively. It's a painful, yet needed experience. I feel that i frequently need to purge my supplies. One day i hope to discover how i can do this, while still remaining in a given town.

No comments: