Saturday, January 21, 2006

Competition in California

I once read that "nature uses extraordinarily ingenious techniques to avoid conflict and competition, and that cooperation is extraordinarily widespread throughout nature." Always of naturalist mindset, i have contested that humans were an inscrutable part of nature. And yet, ever since i arrived in California i have done the complete opposite of this quote. I have rapt myself in contest~ skiing, playing basketball and shooting pool. Perhaps this is a reflection of paucity similar to an iron-deficient anemic eating dirt. I don't know... i just feel like winning right now and i certainly wasn't doing that in my domestic situation (as i like to refer to it).

And that's where my car comes in. A lost cause, a gauranteed pit of monetary malformity. I have inked myself to the American tradition of car-love. My car has a name, Wheaton; a gender, female; a personality, loyal; and i talk to her and rub the dashboard like every other goddamn car-lover.

I believe my car is now the role-player of challenge and adversity. Perhaps a sobering additive to my streak of competitive play. I expect this vehicular drama to further propel me in the wise teachings of balance, a furthermore important libran enterprise. So instead of summiting Mount Bali for the abolition of my wiseacring, i undertake the court of car maintenance. A spectacle that no American can demur.

No comments: