Thursday, March 22, 2007

Take me 270º

I should have been a cowboy, or maybe even a gunslinger. Simplify everything. Narrow my choices: there's steak and potatoes; there's whiskey and beer. There's no studying every knob on draft... just, give me a beer. None of that insolent top-shelf/bottom shelf debating and consequent swilling and sniffing, people sticking their whole nose in a snifter. No, just some whiskey in a shooter, and then it's gone. Nothing fancy.

And have you ever wanted somebody to just shut the fuck up? Well, cowboys can knock em out with one punch. It's amazing, seen it all the time on the tele. And what more, some people like Chuck Norris can do roundhouse kicks in Wranglers, a miracle in itself. I'd like to try out being a loose cannon... simplify my emotions a little bit. Be the quiet type, not brooding, just apt to take long looks on pretty scenery while a kind gal fawns on me. Tell people to back off with my eyes and carry myself real agile like a panther or something. Ready to spring at any moment.

Always liked to nap with a hat over my head, sleeping under an open sky, making a pillow of a bag or coat. All the sounds of night playing quick to your ears and a gentle breeze brushing your clasped hands or the hair about your neck. Always liked the hell out of dogs... wasn't one to talk my head off at them. I like their silence, dig their energy and howling nature. I'd have me a birddog or something and just take life one step lower.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So trenchant to our dystopia! In our next movie, you can be Clint Eastwood and I'll be a replicant, something I really have aspired to be lately. The Bad Motherfucker and The Jabbering Dupe...