Friday, November 24, 2006

Wordless wisdom from G-D...

Oh yes, the day has come. Blitz Day, Black Friday, or also known as the day after Thanksgiving. A day for sexually-depraved, discontent, soccer moms to punch it out on the consumer beat. A day filled with belated DUIs; which reminds me i'm still drunk, and now on the timeclock.

Last night i got thoroughly tossed with a kind bottle of Bogle to warm me up at noon. Downhill, gravity, exceptional slow motion. Nearing a full turn of the clock, i attempted an exit homeward. Nearing the truck i got dropped by two friends. Placed roughly in a snowbank kicking and screaming while the keys were removed from the ignition. Coup de Morale. Morality by force. So i returned indoors and played tremendously sober, winning cribbage which was terribly convincing.

Within an hour i earned my keyring back. Heading out for the second time into the thirteen degree frigid night, i made it just beyond the driveway. Back wheel spinning, back wheel set; the e-brake locked, shoes frozen solid about the axle. Burning rubber on ice i managed to reverse back into the drive and shared a good curse with myself. Returning indoors yet again my numb fingers curled in the anti-form of a steering wheel. I fumbled with a bottle and sat down. Sometimes we can't turn away from drunkenness... we must face it, forget about tomorrow's work, and play another game of cards.


That's my bike on our porch. Mount Edgecumbe back there in the sunset... ten degrees and windless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

J-Dawg - I always knew you were a Steelers fan at heart.